The Avenue offers a variety of workshops and events. All events and workshops are held at The Pentecostal Church, Crab Lane, Biggleswade, Beds, SG18 0LN unless otherwise stated. Please note all events are subject to funding.
Upcoming events for 2019 – please see calendar for full details:
- How to keep brothers and sister safe and happy workshop with Yvonne Newbold – 29 April
- Obsessions and Anxiety workshop with Mark Brown – 20 May
Workshops/talks offered in 2018 have included:
- 1-2-3 Magic workshop on 21 and 28 February
- SEND VCB workshop with Yvonne Newbold on 14 May
- Girls with Autism workshop on 15 October
- Puberty, Sex and Relationships talk with Mark Brown on 12 November
Other past events and workshops have included: A talk by Chris Bonnello”10 things I wish I’d learnt whilst growing up with Aspergers (and 5 lessons I’ve learned since), Girls with Autism Workshop, 1-2-3 Magic Workshop, Young Person’s Social Skills Workshop, Managing Anger Workshop, Sensory Needs Workshop, Understanding Autism Workshop, Encouraging Positive Behaviour Workshop, Sensory Exhibition, Creating Sensory Play, Sound Therapy and Occupational Therapy Sensory Diet talk.
The Avenue’s services are only accessible to families who have a child under 18 either diagnosed with autism or in the autism referral system.