The Avenue offers a variety of workshops and events. Please note all events are subject to funding.
Upcoming events for 2020 – please see calendar for full details:
- You can do this! workshop with Yvonne Newbold and Malcolm Cooper- 23 March
- Navigating the SEND School Holidays workshop with Yvonne Newbold – 18 May
Workshops/talks offered in 2019 have included:
- Sensory Processing workshop with The Creative OT – 4 November
- PDA workshop with PDA Society – 7 October
- How to keep brothers and sister safe and happy workshop with Yvonne Newbold – 29 April
- Obsessions and Anxiety workshop with Mark Brown – 20 May
Other past events and workshops have included: Sensory Processing with The Creative OT, PDA workshop, Obsessions and Anxiety workshop, How to Keep Brothers and Sisters Safe with Yvonne Newbold, SEND VCB workshop with Yvonne Newbold, Puberty, Sex an Relationships talk with Mark Brown, A talk by Chris Bonnello”10 things I wish I’d learnt whilst growing up with Aspergers (and 5 lessons I’ve learned since), Girls with Autism Workshop, 1-2-3 Magic Workshop, Young Person’s Social Skills Workshop, Managing Anger Workshop, Sensory Needs Workshop, Understanding Autism Workshop, Encouraging Positive Behaviour Workshop, Sensory Exhibition, Creating Sensory Play, Sound Therapy and Occupational Therapy Sensory Diet talk.
The Avenue’s services are only accessible to families who have a child under 18 either diagnosed with autism or in the autism referral system.